GRPS Non-Homestead Operating Millage
At the end of this year our operating millage will expire, which provides the district with $27 million for teaching and learning. We are asking the voters of Grand Rapids to renew this vital source of funding to our schools on November 7, 2017.
|Tuesday, October 10th||Voter Registration deadline|
|Saturday, November 4th||Last day to apply for absentee ballot|
|Monday, November 6th||Last day to in-person absentee vote|
|Tuesday, November 7th||Election Day (Polls open 7AM-8PM)|
Are you registered to vote? Click here for more information >>
View Sample Ballot Language
Register to Vote
You must register by October 10th in order to vote in the November 2017 election.
Register In-Person (Bring photo ID)
Register by Mail
Complete the Voter Registration Application and mail it back to:
300 Monroe Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Request Your Absentee Ballot
If you meet on of the qualification below, you can vote using an absent voter ballot. Request your ballot today!
- Age: Voter is 60 years of age or older.
- Absent: Voter expects to be absent from the community in which he/she is registered for the entire time the polls are open on Election Day.
- Physically unable: Voter is physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another person.
- Religion: Voter cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of his/her religion.
- Election worker: Voter has been appointed an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the precinct where he/she resides.
- Confinement: Voter cannot attend the polls because he/she is confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
Apply By Mail
Call the Clerk's Office at 616-456-3010.
Apply In Person
You can bring your photo ID to the City of Grand Rapids Clerk's Office to complete the Absent Voter Application and be issued a ballot.
Tuesday, November 7
- NOT a new millage
- NOT a millage increase
- NOT a tax on homeowners
- NOT paid by owner-occupied or primary residence taxpayers
Don't forget to remind your family, friends, and neighbors to GET OUT THE VOTE on November 7, 2017!